Monday, August 5, 2013

Western Wedding Wonderful

The blog's Gone Country!!  As a child, I grew up watching Hee-Haw, and like most folks in America, was well aware of who the mainstream stars of country music were.  At that time, one didn't have to be an avid country-western fan to know who Kenny Rogers, Dolly Parton, and Willie Nelson were.  However, country was really a genre very specific to its fans.

Enter the nineties and Garth Brooks. Garth Brooks for me epitomized the change in the game of country music.  Country became mainstream and immensely popular. Just like its genre, country-western style began to evolve at that point.  The Hee-Haw days of costume-looking country-western fashion became a thing of the past.

When planning a country western wedding, I truly love the idea of combining the elegant feel that is country-western today with the old-time kitsch of the Wild West Saloon era.  Here are some examples for invitations. 

I absolutely love the scenery of this invitation.  Talk about riding off into the sunset!  DIY idea from the Best Little Wedding Shop blog.


I adore these custom wedding invitations that are actually made of engraved wood!!   From Wood Invitations


If you like an invite that showcases a throwback to the Wild West, I love these by Dream Of Style on Etsy


Gorgeous. Elegant western vintage invitation available on Zazzle.


The bouquet for the country-western wedding truly should be elegant and rustic at the same time, if that makes any sense.  Selecting rustic country blooms such as sunflowers, daisies, et cetera whilst adorning them with delicate details is the best way to accomplish this idea.  You may also choose to pick elegant blooms and adorn them with rustic elements such as wired burlap ribbon with leather or burlap threading details.  





Denim Bouquet Sleeve, by Stained Glass Addie, available on Etsy




Silk sunflower bouquets, by Budget Wedding Bouquet on Etsy.


For wedding favors, I really think sticking to a specific theme works. 

Love these personalized wooden cowboy boot favors by Etched in Time on Etsy.


Adorable boxed horse and horseshoe soaps, available at Hanson Ellis.


Key chains, available in choice of boot or Stetson, from Tipsy Designs at Etsy.


The bridesmaid dresses and bridal gown are really about fabric choice.  Denim, red gingham, and white eyelet are the quintessential fabrics I would choose for the western bride.  There just needs to be a juxtaposition between what the bride wears and what the bridesmaids don.  For example, if the bride wears denim, I would suggest white eyelet for the bridesmaids.  Conversely, if the bride wears white, I suggest denim. 

The country-western wedding is the one time, in my humble opinion, that I just love to see bridesmaids in white.  As a matter of fact, I encourage it!  Nothing says country chic like a crisp and clean sweet white eyelet dress.  

I am in love.  Strappy eyelet dress by Isaac Mizrahi.  Available at Prom Dressy.


So Pretty!  Burberry Brit 'Darcelle' eyelet dress, from Nordstrom.


Gorge!  Strapless eyelet dress, Betsey Johnson.



If you prefer denim, here are a couple of suggestions.


Chic, comfortable.  Forgotten Coast Dress, from Quicksilver.


Lovely.  V-Neck denim dress, Lauren Ralph Lauren.


For the flower girl, I love a sweet eyelet as well, or an adorable costume that is not too over-the-top.  I love this look, the 'Hoe Down" from Hollywood Babe Inc.


A cake for this wedding should reflect personal style.  If you want to go in a more specific or themed direction, the following are for you.


I love the use of hemp thread.  Creation by Cakes Katie Bakes


Beautiful fondant!  Imprinted with leather-like detail.  By Brenham Olde Towne Bakery.


A more streamlined and refined look, from Outta the Oven.


Adorable idea, artist unknown.



If what you prefer is a more traditional cake, you may opt to use a cake topper. 

So sweet....cowboy, take me away!  Western cake topper by JW Cake Tops.


For this theme, I suggest the Ralph Lauren Whipstitch Plate.  This version in camel, which I prefer for a western wedding, has been discontinued, but you can find it at sites over the internet. 


The cream version, which I own personally, is fantastic also, and available currently at Neiman Marcus.



For this bride, I see ruffles, fringe, lace, and denim; but mostly ruffles, ruffles, and more ruffles...indicative of the saloon dress typical to the Wild West era. Before I get to the cream of the crop, here are a few other gorgeous options.

I love the sweet lace detail on this denim gown.  Available at Sat-N-Spurs.


These two dresses are nearly the same, both are amazing.  Also from Sat-N-Spurs.





If you want a more traditional gown, I love this option with lace detail from Best Wedding Bridal Gown.  It offers a throwback to the Wild West without being too costume-y or kitschy. 


Now, the best of the best....

Gorgeous Lace and Ruffle detail, Maria Karin


Another fantastically incredible look by Maria Karin


Simply beautiful!  Aire Barcelona


An over-the-top beauty in pink, also by Aire Barcelona.

Beautiful pink ruffles, Eve of Milady

Love this corseted look; a throwback to the Wild West. By Island Bridal. 




This last look, by Candy Anthony London, is gingham.  Brilliant!!

I love the idea of the pickup for the country wedding.  How sweet is this!?

Love. Photo credit:  Melissa McCrotty Photography


For transportation to and from your destination(s) on your special day, I also appreciate the idea of a horse-drawn buggy.  Who says Cinderella should have all the fun?  Both of these fantastic coaches are available for rent at Ox Bow Wagons and Coaches





If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.  

See more wedding ideas including gowns and tablescape ideas by following me on Pinterest!!


You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤


The ideas expressed here are the sole copyrighted intellectual property of Frugalfabfashionista and Parsimonious Décor Darling, respectively.  Do not copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment