Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ballet Chic

Edgar Degas 

A romantic at heart, I absolutely love the ballet. Tchaikovsky is my favorite composer. Romeo and Juliet; my favorite play, classic film, as well as one of my favorite ballets.  I was so excited come season six of SITC when Carrie falls in love with a brilliant but troubled artist, Petrovsky, who was protrayed by one of the most talented and renowned dancers of all time, Mikhail Baryshnikov. In one scene, he runs after a mugger. You clearly see genuine admiration in Sarah Jessica Parker's eyes (or is that my romanticized perception?).

The ballet themed wedding is all about romance.  I think of lithe yet powerful bodies, and long, graceful limbs. 

When I think of this color scheme I think pink, pink, pink. Ballet pink, of course, goes without saying. There are also beautiful blushes, antique roses, and sweet, muted mauves. 






While choosing the invite to this event, don't inhibit your inner Giselle!!  Let loose and let your girly-girl fall in love!!

I love these beautiful invites from Paper Perfect



From Majestic Invitations on Loverly



Love the vintage feel of the script




The bridesmaid dress at this event should be sweet, delicate, and romantic, like the ballerina herself. 

Think sweet satins, tempting tulles, lovely lace.  

Dress from Aliexpress



By Avivaly. on Etsy







Here are a couple of sweet ideas for a ballerina flower girl. 

From girldressforless store on eBay



From Pegeen




Party favors for this event, obviously should reflect the ballet theme. Here are my picks. 

From Bellenza




Both by Martha Stewart






The bouquet should be delicate, sweet. I like the sweet ruffled petals of peonies and carnations; the hues of roses. 

Pam Scott




Idea from The Wedding Chicks.com archives




Bouquet by Kate Said Yes on Etsy





These are faux, but I still love the color!




For the cake, the same. Sweet, feminine. 

Sheer perfection. From a wedding featured on Magazine Four Seasons




This cake, a French croquetembouche by Preston Bailey Weddings, is amazing.


Photography credit:  Peggy Porschen 


This beauty is by Pink Cake Box





For the wedding china, I like the idea of a classy, clean plate, paired with a patterned plate. 

Monique Lhuillier for Waterford. At Bloomingdales. 




I normally don't like melamine for wedding china, but this print is so pretty!!!

Pastel Flower Dinner Plate. On Zazzle. 





I love this theme soooo much!!!!!  For the bride:

Perfect. Both gowns, Rosa Clara 





Lazaro. 




Aire Barcelona




Zuhair Murad




So Pretty!



Love this!




Photography credit:  Axioo

Gorgeous!



Inspiration Board






If you enjoy this post, please visit the archives!  You may also visit my full profile to view my other blogs. Connect with me on my Facebook Page, Parsimonious Décor Darling.  

See more wedding ideas including gowns and tablescape ideas by following me on Pinterest!!


You might like to visit my other blog hubs,

The Marvelous Maison a lifestyle blog hub and 
Frugal Fab Fashionista, my fashion blog hub. 
Thank you for stopping by! ❤


The ideas expressed here are the sole copyrighted intellectual property of Frugalfabfashionista and Parsimonious Décor Darling, respectively.  Do not copy.


No comments:

Post a Comment